PADI Deep Specialty Bali
Deep Specialty Course Outcomes
Extending your limits to become PADI Deep Diver certified will help you:
- understand the risks of deep diving and how to manage them, including your personal limits
- manage gas supply, including learning how to hang an additional gas supply
- understand deep diving limits
- explore at least two different deep diving sites in Bali
Course Content – Deep Diving
Before your practical training, you’ll learn dive theory via elearning online.
This takes around 2-3 hours and is best done in small sections.
You’ll learn about:
- Why we deep dive, what’s considered a deep dive and what special equipment is needed
- Deep diving techniques
- Gas narcosis, decompression sickness and other considerations when deep diving
Four Open Water Dives
Your PADI deep certification course dives can be done almost anywhere except Nusa Penida. We need calm conditions to build your skills, hang additional gas supply and ensure we can teach you deep diving techniques without task loading.
Some good options are:
- Menjangan – deep walls, excellent visibility and warm water with minimal currents make northwest Bali fantastic for deep diving.
- Kubu – with a propeller down at 38m, this wreck dive makes an exciting location for deep diving
- Tulamben – pygmy seahorses at around 38m are a nice distraction from this epic shipwreck.
- Amed – the wall and bay dives here provide a stunning backdrop for your deep dives.
- Padang Bai is a beautiful reef and wall, usually clear water with tidal currents and plenty to see.
Deep Dive Sites and Logistics
Consider whether you’d like to do day trips or an overnight safari trip:
Day Trips: Padang Bai + Tulamben/Kubu/Amed (four dives)
Day One – pick up at 6:30am, travel to Padang Bai, 1.5 hours by car, 10 mins by boat, two dives, in Canggu approx 4pm.
Day Two – pick up at 6:00am, travel to northeast Bali 2.5hrs by car, two dives, in Canggu approx 5pm.
Overnight Safari – Padang Bai and Tulamben (five dives)
Day 1 – pick up at 6:30am, travel to Padang Bai, 1.5 hours by car, 10 mins by boat, two-day dives, lunch, travel to Tulamben. Night dive, overnight in Tulamben.
Day 2 – pick up at 7:30am, two dives, return to Canggu by around 4-5pm.
Overnight Safari – Menjangan (four dives)
Day 1 – pick up at 5:30am, travel to Menjangan Island, 3.5 hours by car, 30 mins by boat, two dives, lunch, overnight in Menjangan.
Day 2 – pick up at 7:30am, two dives in Menjangan Park, return to Canggu at 5pm.
PADI Deep Diver Specialty – become certified to dive to the deepest recreational diving limit, with Bali’s best dive centre, in a small group at exceptional dive sites.
What’s the actual certification?
Everything you need – transport (pick up and drop off at your hotel in Canggu), equipment rental including dive computer, tanks and weights, boats, lunch, snacks, water, PADI elearning, certification and instructor.
Are there any prerequisites or tests?
Advanced open water diver, preferably 30 logged dives or excellent buoyancy skills
You need to be at least 15 years old.
You need to be in good general health (check out the medical form you’ll need to sign here)
You’ll also need to meet all of the performance requirements of the course; and complete the knowledge development including a final exam before you start your practical training.
How many divers will be in the group?
We teach with a maximum of two students per instructor. There may be other divers on your course with another instructor and other divers joining your day trips. If you’d like a private course, please let us know!
How long does the elearning take?
Normally 2-4 hours. It’s best done in small sections over a couple of days. We know we sound like your Mum, but please don’t leave it to the last minute!
Can I fly after diving?
You need to leave at least 18 hours, preferably 24 hours after diving before you can fly.
How do I sign up?
We ask for a deposit payment so we can send out your elearning, we’ll also need your personal details such as your full name, date of birth and email address. Contact our team if you’d like to book!